Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend REwind

I typically gauge how the weekend is going to play out by how well behaved Madaline is on Friday night. And, come Sunday night, a sure sign of a busy adventure filled weekend is how much of a scream induced meltdown she has. I know, I know...sad. But, true. Needless to say she was beyond well behaved Friday night and had a meltdown of epic proportions Sunday night.

And, so, I think we closed the book on another rockin' good weekend.
At one point we found ourselves deep in upstate Amish country buying a few flowers and herbs. And, I was surprised that it wasn't super busy or crowded with people. And, since we did have a spend a significant amount of time in the car to get from point A to Point B - this allowed some of Madaline's free spirited nature to shine thru. And, by this, I mean, I allowed her to run from one end of an almost empty green house to another while I carefully chose my basil plants. Usually I try to nip this kind of behavior in the bud so not to annoy others around us, but, this time I found it refreshing. She had a relatively safe environment to blow off some steam and I could choose my herbs in peace without having to worry about her picking the blooms off the endless rows of pansies & petunias. That's a win-win in my book.And, of course we needed cat food, which in my mind is the perfect reason to drive 20 minutes out of my way to Target. And, we ended one night with a trip to the ice cream stand and another night by making smores in Grammy & Grampy's new fires pit thingy. Daryl got in some fishing, we had a BIG family dinner complete with Aunt Olly, and as usual got some groceries for good measure.
And, as long as I think of only all the good we had all weekend, it kinda make the ache in my heart ache less in response to the "I am extremely overtired, not going to listen to reason, what ever you do don't look at me or touch me, scream until I almost puke" meltdown Madaline had minutes before she collapsed from sheer exhaustion in her bed last night.

So, that was my weekend. How was yours?

1 comment:

Connie Weiss said...

I killed my basil.

I don't know what went wrong.

We had a fun Saturday....and then took Daddy to the airport. We miss him....

:(

I sent your book this morning!