Monday, February 7, 2011

I wish...

I wish I had a photo to show you our weekend.

I wish I could show you how messy the living room got.

I wish you could see how play-doh covered just about every inch of my dining room table and floor.

I wish you could have seen Madaline standing on her stool in the kitchen helping me make bread, muffins, cookies and meatballs.

I wish I had a photo to show you our weekend.

I wish you could see the way her endless blue eyes matched the sky on Sunday.

I wish you could have heard her squeal with delight as she went zooming down thru the cornfield on her sled.

I wish you could have seen the rosy glow to her cheeks where the fresh air left its kisses

I wish I had a photo to show you our weekend.

I wish you could hear the conversations we had sitting around the table for Sunday dinner.

I wish you could hear the way she mothers her beloved bear as I mother her.

I even wish you could hear the bad when her sassy attitude collides with her being over tired.

I wish you could have heard the giggles as her and her Dad built towers and castles in the living room after dinner.

I wish I had a photo to show you our weekend.

I wish you could see how much it makes me feel like a mom when I wash her hair during her bath.

I wish you could see the mischief in her eyes as she asks for just one more cookie, grabs two and runs from the kitchen in a fit of laughter.

I wish you could hear the thunder of her feet down our upstairs hall as she has to have just one more kiss before bed.

I wish I had a photo to show you our weekend.

I wish, I wish, I wish.
but, I don't.
I don't have a photo to show you from our weekend.
Because the only photos are the ones I have in my mind's memory.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Memory photos are sometimes the best kind!

Kameron said...

I've been putting down the camera more and more in an attempt to be more present in the events. I can't say that I've regretted it!