Thursday, August 26, 2010

Soaking Up Memories

"Summer is where the girls go barefoot and their hearts are just as free as their toes."
~Author Unknown

Madaline spent the entire last week at {IN} the lake.Every year, my family, rents a cottage on the West side of picturesque Seneca Lake. It's tradition. It's actually a tradition that has been going for well over 10 years now.7 days spent inhaling the freshness of the lake, soaking up the suns' rays, and just basking in the beauty of the Finger Lakes. Meals are all served family style with plenty of local fruits, veggies and a heaping side of love. Each evening is ends with a fire by the lake and sticky faces and hands from smores.
I can't think of a more perfect way to help bring summer to a close.
Part of ~ outside:

16 comments:

Carrie said...

Walking down the dock - great shot!

Aging Mommy said...

My favorite shot is of your daughter wading through the water. What an idyllic sounding retreat and how lovely to return to a traditional family vacation spot now with your daughter, who clearly just loves the water. What a perfect end to summer and a wonderful capture of Outside too.

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I love the one of her walking away in the dock. the B&W action is perfect.

Traci said...

What fabulous B&Ws. I can't think of a better way to bring summer to a close either.

Tiaras said...

well, it looks like the best place to be!!

Tara said...

So cute! I love the last picture...adorable. It also looks like great summer fun.

Kristy said...

So cute!

Chrystal said...

Great pictures. I love black and whites.

kristenly said...

beautiful shots. the last one is my favorite. love the black and white! it certainly looks like she had a fun summer!

Saj said...

The last shot is so wonderful! I love the black and white processing on these!

Kamana said...

oh what lovely shots. she is so gorgeous!

Kameron said...

I want to start a tradition like that! I think I'll wait untilt he baby is a wee bit older though. I had a taste of vacationing with a wee one!

Stillmary said...

What a wonderful tradition! And your beautiful photos depict it perfectly! I love black and white and yours are fabulous!

Adventures In Babywearing said...

That sounds wonderful. I just love sitting by the water while the kids play. If only every day could be like that!


Steph

Kristen Andrews said...

love the doc shot, how fun!

Connie W said...

Great pictures! Sounds like a lot of fun!