Monday, August 2, 2010

Celebrating 3 Years of Madaline

Better late than never, right? The resident Mayhem Maker has been 3 years old for over a week now. This year, I thought I would write her a little letter. Dear Mads,
A week ago this past Sunday we celebrated your 3rd birthday. It's been three years since you came kicking and screaming into this world. 4 weeks early I might add. But, that says a LOT about your personality. You are full speed ahead all the time. I am still not sure you really know how to walk, because all you do is run or jump or skip.Your endless energy fills our days with laughter and mayhem. I never fully understood what people meant when they said "Wait until you see the world through the eyes of a child" until I had you. I see a lawn that needs to be mowed, you see a field of bugs and creepy crawly things waiting to be discovered. I see a garden that needs to be weeded, you see nothing but beautiful flowers and stalks to make the most perfect bouquet. I see a pile of dirt that will ruin your pretty dress, you see the perfect opportunity to build a city of holes and dirt castles.You request that your PB&J Sandwiches be cut into the four triangles & it's HAS to be grape jelly. Your favorite ice cream is 'banilla with sprinkles' and of course you prefer to have it in a cone as opposed to a dish. You can dress yourself most days and have taken to wearing your panties inside out and backwards. You drive your Daddy nuts with your need to always wear a pretty dress. You have gotten beyond your obsession of Max & Ruby and turned your attention to the Imagination Movers.*phew* Closed toe shoes are evil, flips flops are grand and it's got to be either braids or pigtails. We have worked hard to teach you good manners and you do frazzle our nerves with your never ending string of questions. You test your boundaries and the limits of Mommy & Daddy's patience on what seems like an hourly basis. And of course, there is Bear. You never go anywhere with out Bear. Bear is your partner in crime on each childhood adventure you take.

You're our twinkle twinkle star, the sparkling light of our lives. You are Daddy's Boo-Bug and Mommy's little BIG girl. But, most importantly, you are LOVED.
Happy Birthday Madaline Elizabeth. We LOVE you!

5 comments:

Molly Louise said...

That's my baby, all right.

Still can't believe she's three.

Connie W said...

Happy Birthday!!

* how the heck did I miss that it was her birthday? I'm so sorry.*

Kameron said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl!

rachel... said...

She's adorable! (And so are those cupcakes!) Hope she had a wonderful birthday!

thenameisbeth said...

I love the cupcakes! :)

Now I want to eat one.