Friday, April 30, 2010

Catching Up

We have been sort of busy. But, then again, we have sorta been not busy. You know how it goes. Right?

Madaline spent all day last Saturday with her Grammy. They went to a raptor show that was part of a local learn how to be green and recycle event. Maddy was mesmerized by the various birds of prey - especially the owls and their ability to turn their heads 270 degrees, which makes it appear as though they can turn them 360 degree.

Since Madaline had such a busy day out and about on Saturday, we spend most of Sunday snuggled on the couch. Heck, she and I even watched a movie - 'The Tale of Despereaux'. I read the book several years ago - and thought the story was sweet then. It really was a cute movie. Check it out if you have a chance - Matthew Broderick does the voice of Despereaux.

*****
I have been stuck with the pictures I can take with my cell phone. The batteries in the camera are dead - and I can't seem to remember to pick up any new ones at the store. And, this kinda bites, because I know there are photos on the camera that I would LURVE to share, but, they are stuck on the camera for now, until I get them off and uploaded & edited.

*****
Speaking of editing and changing - what do you think of the new layout? Like it? Like the colors? Like the cleanness & simplicity of it? It took me almost 3 days to make the changes you see and I think it would be nice if you shared with me what you thought.

*****
Madaline's newest obsession is the 'Imagination Movers'. Which is fine by me - since, they are decent enough eye candy, even for a kids show. And, at least it is with live humans as opposed to animation. And, after some great responses from my twitter followers, I know that I am not the only on that thinks those boys shaking, singing and thinking are HAWT!


So, how has your week been? What do you have planned for the weekend?

4 comments:

Dolli-Mama said...

I love the new layout! Very clean and neat! Glad you had a good week!

Connie Weiss said...

I like the layout....

For some crazy reason...my husband knows all of the IM's last names. Why would he know this?

Kameron said...

I hate it when I can'tget my pics off of the camera! Hope you get some new batteries soon.

My week was hectic, vbut not as hectic as my weekend was. Traveling alone with a baby is no freakin joke! We survived. :)

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

You know I love the new layout!
I have to agree with the Imagination Movers...I love that the girls enjoy it. Not so much for the eye candy (though I don't disagree!) but I just like it. A cute show, fun music. All around good stuff.