Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cereal Boxes of Joy

Most mornings before I leave for work, Madaline is still asleep. However, there are a few of those rare morning moments, where she gets up with me. Well, she's awake, I am half sleeping.

This morning was one of those mornings. The kind of morning that fills my heart with joy and sunshine for the entire day (as cheesy as that sounds).

As per our usual, I tucked her in on the couch with her bear, her blankets and the Disney Channel. It always amazes me how she manages to be on her best behavior on these mornings. She knows that I love that she's up - but at the same time Mommy has to get ready to go to work.

I was taken by surprise when she appeared in the bath room door and said "Mommy". She then proceeded to ask me for some cereal. I couldn't resit taking a few shots as she picked out her cereal.

Choices, Choices!
What kind would you like today?

Oh...I don't know. Let me look.
(I LOVE the hand on the hip, for now)

'These ones....these ones mommy - wif a ittle bit of ilk'

And, I do admit, it is getting harder and harder to say 'No, Mommy has to go to work' when this face:

this face is looking at me saying 'Mommy, you stay home and play with me today?'

Looking for more? Check out:



7 comments:

Connie Weiss said...

So adorable! I love the nightgown! M has to stand on the trash can to pick her cereal.

Olivia said...

Very cute! My hubby feels the same way. It's usually the boy who's saying, "Can you play cars, daddy?" And I see his heart breaking (both of them) when Daddy has to say no. Happy WW!

Kameron said...

Natey is never calm when he wakes up and I have to get ready. If there isn't a show on that he is engrossed in, I have to watch him like a hawk! She is so cute picking her cereal!

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

I see that I'm not the oly one with a wanna be gourmand who takes her time picking the most appropriate food for breakfast, lunch, snack, you name it. But they are so irresistible, aren't they?

Madaline is looking adorable, as usual!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Honey Mommy said...

Love that little girl bedhair! What a cutie!