Monday, February 8, 2010

No Dora? Oh, the HORROR!

Dear Nickelodeon,

My daughter is VERY schedule oriented. But, then again, she's 2. So, it is to be expected. While she has very little concept of actual time or days, she does know that Dora the Explorer is on, each night, AFTER Max & Ruby. Last Sunday night to our shock and horror there was NO Dora. NO DORA!!!

It was like we had our own little version of the end of the world right in the living room of the little green house on the corner. And, might I add, 'Mr. TVSCHEDULEBIGWIG', Where were you to help deal with the subsequent melt down and temper tantrum over this schedule change? Seems to me, with all the research you do on children, you should know that an overtired, I refused to take a nap that day two year old doesn't do well with change. Sheesh...

And this NEW show? A new that is going to teach my 2 year old how to count? Umizoomi? A television in the tummy? Is this some twisted, made for toddlers version of Japanese anime? I just thankful that it wasn't another episode of Yo Gabba Gabba! Really....what kind of trippy acid were the creators of that show doing? I can not believe I am the only one that thinks those characters are shaped, well, like, well, we won't go there - this is a PG-13 blog, no an XXX blog. (I can NOT be the only one that thinks that)

So, PLEASE, as we move forward, for the love of all that is HOLY in my house, make sure Dora is on after Max & Ruby.

Sincerely,
Mayhem Mama

8 comments:

Cookie Crums said...

And this is why I have a few of my little one's favorites on DVD. :) Just in case!

Connie Weiss said...

I hate when they do that!

Erin Reed said...

Crank up the DVR between now and Sunday... they do that every Sunday. Brace yourself.

krajcimama said...

I was thinking that the robot with the tv in his belly sounds a lot like Joe from Blues Clues...I haven't checked it out yet but I think it could be him.

And you aren't alone with the Yo Gabba Gabba thing. We watch it - some of the songs aren't bad...kids like it...but come ON. Muno - seriously!

I watch a lot of Nick Jr...it's pathetic.

Dolli-Mama said...

I agree with the Yo Gaba Gaba comment! That show is creepy!
"I Love Flowers... I Love Flowers" is my favorite example of the stupidity of that show. Have you heard that song? It's nuts!

As for team Umizoomi? Not a fan! Bring back Dora!

mommydrinksbecauseyoucry said...

Ours is Sprout. It's Kipper, Say good nih=ght to hus the fish, sing the good night song, and then off to bed. DO NOT DEVIATE!!!!

Badger Mom said...

You're not the only one that feels that was about You Gabba Gabba. I won't let my kids watch it. And it scares the hell out of me when I see ads for it.

Kameron said...

Well, you have a girl and my toddler is a boy. He is now ticked that Umizoomi is NOT on! I have had to DVR it from Nickelodeon so he doens't loose it!