Friday, January 15, 2010

Quietly Numb

I am numb.

I don't even know what to say or how to say it.

We have had an unexpected death in our family. A VERY unexpected death.

The life partner of my grandmother through marriage, passed away in their home this morning. My family, both immediate and extended has been rocked to its core.

Their house is one house up from my house. I spend a LOT of my childhood in their home. I can not remember a family gathering, event or party without him. He was a part of the family before I was even born. I honored both of them at my wedding as if they were my grandparents by blood, not just marriage.

My heart aches and is heavy with sorrow. As soon as I can wrap my head around this...I will update more. My mind is swimming with words - but I can't bring myself to type them out or write them down. I am afraid that if I do, I will be acknowledging that is is real and has happened. I am not ready for that crush of emotion. Not now. Now yet.

Please, I hate to even ask, but, I would be grateful if you could keep keep my family in your thoughts. Please.

thank you.

7 comments:

Connie Weiss said...

I'm so sorry....how sad. My prayer are with you and your family!

Lindy said...

Thinking of you and lifting you and your family up in prayer.

You are my comfort and peace, Dear God, in this time of sorrow. Amen

Hugs, Lindy

p.s. never ever be afraid to ask for prayers and thoughts from your blogland friends.

Elisa said...

I am so sorry - there are no words. Sending you lots of hugs, you are in my thoughts.

Adventures In Babywearing said...

I am so sorry. Will be praying.

Steph

Dolli-Mama said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

Tesa said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family.

McVal said...

I'm so sorry! You and your family are in our prayers for sure!
I had a step step grandma that was very close to me and it tore me up when she passed away. I can imagine your grief.