Thursday, January 28, 2010

pst....ME WUV YOU!

My sister, Molly, who we refer to as 'Olly' around here, went back to college a week ago. Last night, after dinner and taking care of the dishes, as per our norm Madaline and I settled in on the floor to color or stack blocks or play with her finger puppets. (I know, I know......the riviting evening activites of a working mom). And, out of nowhere, Madaline asked me where Molly was. This puzzled me - because usually she inquires as to when her Daddy will be home and if he will be home before she goes to bed. She was adamant that Molly was going to be coming over to play. And, after several minutes of trying to explain that she was back to school and a pan of brownies in the oven (don't ask) - I think she had a handle on it.

And, even so, it got me thinking. Let's make Aunt Molly a little video, let her know that we are thinking of her and that we miss her. So, that's what we did.




Please excuse the graininess and the bad quality. I had to take it with my phone. Perhaps it is time to invest in a Flip? Especially since Aunt Olly is going to be Wandering Across the Pond next fall.

5 comments:

SITS Girls said...

So cute.

And, really, what a great way to help her say hi- and I bet Molly loved it.

Her "I love you!" are very enthusiastic!

Saw your tweet about comments- so I had to come by!

Tiffany

Connie Weiss said...

I love that you guys did this for Molly. We make cute little videos for our family all the time. And I love making audio recordings of M because she is so funny!

OHmommy said...

What a sweet idea! I am very bad at taking videos. I need a flip as well.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently talking about how involved with technology our daily lives have become. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of transferring our brains onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about every once in a while.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://www.leetboss.com/video-games/r4i-r4-sdhc-nintendo-ds]R4i[/url] DS KwZa)