Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good Intentions

So....

I had this really great wordless Wednesday post. I was actually debating between a few different photos. I really didn't know what direction I wanted to take today.

You see, I managed to take a few pictures of my napping Mayhem Maker on my last day of vacation. She looked so sweet, so innocent and so peaceful. Did I mention peaceful? I love to watch Madaline sleep. I like to marvel at the fact that my daughter who is a constant whirlwind of motion, is finally still. And quiet.

And, then the night before last, Madaline wandered into the kitchen with our camera while I was making a feeble attempt to get dinner on the table. She handed it to me, all the time saying, over and over, "Mommy...it's me. Me sleepin'. At which point, I realized, she had managed to some how get to the picture viewer and was looking at the photos of herself that I had just taken the day before. It was so cute. So, after rescuing the camera from her little hands, nodded my head in agreement, and shooing her back to the living room to watch Nick Jr., I stole a quick glance at the photo log. It appears she had the camera in her little hands for a while. There were some very interesting shots - all from her little perspective. Which, after reading this post yesterday, would have fitted perfectly with my mood the last few days.

But, another thought occurred to me this morning while I was brushing my teeth, and looking at the pile of tiny hinie panties on the bathroom floor. A mole hill quickly approaching a mountain of panties that desperately needs to be thrown in the washer. I could post a pic of my Mayhem Maker posing in her big girl panties. Because, while I was home on vacation we started Potty Training. We are not overly successful, but, we are having lots of mini successes. Never mind that fact that my daughter is dreadfully skinny - her knobby knees knock together and her arms resemble twigs. She has never really had chunky thighs, porky forearms, or chipmunk cheeks just ripe for the pinching. But, still, her wearing big girl panties is a HUGE milestone for her, and it would have been nice to share - knobby knees and all.

And finally, after all those great and wonderful sharing photo ideas, and thoughts, it brings me brings me to the photo you are actually going to get. You see, as I fired up my PC and plugged my universal card reader, the first photo I saw was a picture of the deer head that graces my living room wall. I thought...OK.....maybe the hubby took some photos yesterday. Yesterday was his day off from work and he was home with Madaline all day. No big deal. He usually gets really great candid shots of Madaline. I got kind of excited to see if he had captured something that would grace the page here today. Something better than what I originally had planned on sharing. And, as I scrolled through the photos, after about 4 or 5, I was back at the photo of the deer on our wall. It seems, my darling Hubby must have either switched out the memory card in the camera, or loaded the photos I had on the memory card on to your home PC and deleted them off said memory card.

And, so, after all this talk of stillness, quiet, napping, perspective, knobby knees and milestones, the only picture, I have to share is...

My daughter and her beloved bear.

The only exciting thing about this photo - her dress is on backwards. That's right - backwards. My husband dressed yesterday. Blame him. Not me. That's right. The photos, err, the backwards dress. His fault. NOT MINE! The photos, the dress. HIS! All. His. Fault.

Look for more? Take a minute or two or four or ten and go here:

14 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

She is too adorable for words. Awwwwwwwww. What a great post filled with potential great ideas! Hope you get to do posts of all those things in the upcoming days! Happy New Year!

Buggys said...

Save all those ideas...tons more Wednesday to come. Backwards clothes or not, she's a cutie!

Connie Weiss said...

It's still adorable!

I hope you locate your pictures....

Sarah said...

Don't you wish they made a sign for kids to wear that said "My Daddy dressed me today". I would get one :) Cutie!

McVal said...

Cute! She'll be doing the backwards thing all on her own eventually!
I thought it was funny when my father in law babysat one of the kids when they were babies and we picked him up and he had put his diaper on backwards. I guess my baby was a squirmy thing!

Xmas Dolly said...

She's gonna be a little heartbreaker one day. She is so cute! Great post & please do follow through with those other thoughts, can't wait until next Wednesday to read. I'm your latest follower. Hope you can find time to stop by me.

Dolli-Mama said...

Wow. I enjoyed this photo, and look forward to seeing the rest, if they are ever found. :)

Abby said...

She is very cute and I love the pic! I have a lot of good intentions that don't quite pan out too!

Muthering Heights said...

I guess you could post them next week! :)

CC said...

Adorable picture.

My daughter was really young when she potty trained and probably only weighed about 23 lbs. She was literally swimming in her "big girl underwear". Now, almost 3 years later, she STILL fits into those original pair of undies!

Tesa said...

It's a cute photo anyway. I didn't even notice her dress was on backwards! Dads are so funny.

Good luck with potty training!

OHmommy said...

Your husband and mine would get along famously.

Karly said...

I think that was the wordiest wordless Wednesday I have ever seen! LOL!

Cute picture...hopefully the other pictures aren't lost forever!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.