Friday, December 4, 2009

A Week Full of Happiness

Who says HAPPINESS can't be found in a bowl of ice cream?

It's now been OVER a week since I have blogged about anything. I hope you all haven't forgotten about me...or missed me too much. I suppose you have been wondering what we have been up too....Hopefully, I can bring you all up to speed.

Madaline has been spending LOTs of time perfecting her coloring skills.

My cousin Ryan & Madaline

I also noticed the other day, as I was coming thru the back door, having just gotten home from work, that my two year old, is using our fridge to showcase her new found artistic talent. I never thought that something as simple as my daughters artwork could make me feel like I can really finally call myself a mom. And, I really do feel like a Mom lately.

********
Before we could gear up for the Holiday season we needed to celebrate some birthday's in our family. I ended up baking this obscene cake for my sister Molly - I called it a Strawberry White Chocolate Layer Cake. White cake, brushed with strawberry puree, layered with white chocolate custard and then covered with white chocolate cream cheese frosting.


She was an happy camper. Happy Birthday Olly!!


********

In addition to that cake, I myself, have been on the search for perfect Blondie Cookie Bar recipe. As I was typing up the post over at The Townsend Bakery - it struck me that finding this perfect cookie bar recipe was kind of like the need to have 10 different pairs of black shoes.

Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

********
And, finally, perhaps is looking back at the last week or so, and reflecting on all that we have done, it was this, that made me the happiest. My daughter helped her Great Grandmother blow out her birthday candles. Just last night, we celebrated my Grandmother's, Madaline's Great Grandma's 84th birthday. I marvel at the fact that not only does my daughter have the privilege of growing up to know her Grandmother, but, her Great Grandmother as well.

Madaline & her Great Grammy

Madaline & her Grammy

It's been a good week. It's been a busy week - and most importantly, It's been a happy week.


Photobucket

4 comments:

Colleen said...

Great picture story. That cake looks and sounds amazing.

Connie Weiss said...

What a great week!

I think I gained 5 pounds just reading about that fabulous cake you made!

2 Toddlers and Me said...

You have been busy! My kids have been loving hanging their pictures on the fridge too. They just run over and use the alphabet magnets to stick the pictures up and it's a regular art gallery.

That cake looked amazing! Great job!

Life with Kaishon said...

I love happiness like this! I think refrigerators without any pictures or drawings are a travesty! Mom's that don't put any of their kids work out make me sad a little!

LOVE that Birthday cake. How impressive are you? Wowza!

And I adore your Great Grandmother. And your Mom too. I think grandparents are one of the absolute greatest joys in life!