The lovely ladies over at SITS are having a HUGE bloggy carnival and great giveaways today. Take a moment and check it out, if you have time. I am kicking off the holiday season by stealing, err, borrowing an idea from one of my favorite bloggy friend - Connie, over at the Young & the Relentless.
So, grab a muffin or brownie, some coffee or cocoa, pull up a chair, as I share with you a little bit of Holiday Mayhem, err, Cheer!
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
4 & 8 Cup Glass Pyrex Measuring Cups
Oversized Muffin Tins
A Necklace from The Vintage Pearl
Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics Cookbook
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
My cousin crocheted me an afghan for Christmas my senior in in HS to take with me to college the following fall. I still have that afghan and use it regularly.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
I want to learn to knit, so I can make scarves.
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
Is it bad that I really can't remember or that nothing sticks out? We always had wonderful holiday's, but I remember going from house to house to visit family during my childhood then I do the presents.
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
She really hasn't asked for anything - but, then again, we haven't asked her either. LOL
6. What is your favorite holiday foods?
It's a tie between the fresh baked rolls for dinner and the Cinnamon Bread French Toast Bake that my mom makes about every other year for Christmas morning
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
Cookies, Townsend Bakery Chocolate Crunch Mix, and I *might* try my hand at some dipping & candy making.
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas - the older version, and I only like to watch it, when they play it on TV with commercial breaks.
9. Favorite holiday song?
O Holy Night
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
My parent's Christmas Eve party - its a tradition as old, if not older than I am. Good food, my loving family, and lots of laughter.