Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hunting vs. the Snowman

My husband works wonky hours. But, the bright side of that, is that he and Madaline get to spend most mornings home together. This is has been great in a sense that it has cut down tremendously on the amount of money we pay in daycare.

Last night, after the Hubs got home from work we have the following conversation:

HUBS: I think I am going to take Mads to the sitters in the morning - as, there are only [insert number here - I can't remember] of hunting season left

Me: Fine with me...not a problem.

Which, brings us to this morning. Madaline has not been sleeping well. She insists on sleeping with a blanket that is now too short for her, since she has gotten so tall. This results in her little piggy toes getting cold at night, because, being the spirited child she is, refuses to wear socks unless absolutely necessary.

*yes, I am well aware that this dilemma could be solved by putting her in footed PJ's - but, Mads is also at the point where, she likes to pick out her own clothing in the store - and don't anyone come back and give me that line 'well your the parent' - because, this is just one battle that ain't worth it*

And, so, we were up several times last night to the calls of "MOMMY....MOMMY....COVER ME UP..P L E A S E....COVER ME UP!" Or, you could insert "DADDY" in there once or twice for the Mommy. And,finally, shortly before 7 am, she figured it was light enough out for her to get up for the day.

Which brings us back to my original story...the Hubs & his plans to go hunting today. *whew*

So, Picture this: The Hubs is standing in the kitchen sipping on a cup of coffee, as I am putting my shoes on and preparing to go out the door. Madaline, head for of bed head hair, and still in her PJ's wanders into the kitchen. She gives me big hugs and kisses and tells me to have a nice day. She then turns to my husband, with those big eyes and sweetest smile she has and says:

"Daddy, you stay home with me today?"

*silence*

"Daddy, you stay home with me today and play with me?"

*silence*


Hubs looking over the top of Mad's head says to me:
"Did you put her up to this?"

I reply: "NO...I have been trying to get out the door to get to work"


"Daddy, you stay home with me, we build a BIG snowman"

Hubs: "Yes Bug, Daddy stay home with you today"

2 comments:

Ma What's 4 dinner said...

Oh good job Daddy! And by the way, I love that you said "Wonky." My mom says "Wonky." I love it. Hope they had fun together building snowmen, maybe he could shoot it later. :)

Thanks for stopping my blog. I'm digging yours too!

Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner?
www.MaWhats4Dinner.com

Life with Kaishon said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. What a nice Daddy : ) I am popping over this morning because you commented in front of me at Scary Mommy's : ) I would make that empty threat just like you : )