Friday, November 6, 2009

The Terror of Townsend

Most days, my Dad picks Madaline up from our sitter, and then sits with her at my house until I get home from work at 5:30 or so. Lately, Madaline has gotten into a bad habit of not taking a nap at the sitters. And, most works days I don't mind. It just simply means an early bedtime. What I do mind, is the terror she is in the evenings. I have gone so far as to crown her the 'Terror of Townsend".

Just the other night as I walked thru the door and found myself disappointed. I was not greeted with my usual "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, you home!" - as she will run into the kitchen, throws her arms around my legs and give me a big hug.

All was quiet.

Too Quiet.

It seems, Madaline had entered the house, climbed up on the couch, with her beloved bear, and zonked right out cold.


Still in her coat.


Still in her hat.


And, as always, using Beloved Bear as a pillow.

********

Oh! Don't FOREGET.....I have a Give_A_Way going on. If you haven't already entered you should do so. You will be happy that you did! Click here to enter

5 comments:

McVal said...

I remember those days! Then they'd wake up so disoriented...
Cute!

OHmommy said...

I have photos of kids in coats napping on the floor too. ;) It's like a rite of passage.

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

So cute! When M started skipping some naps, she was out by 5:30 or 6. We couldn't go out in the afternoon because if she fell asleep in the car, she'd be up all night.
These pictures are so adorable!

2 Toddlers and Me said...

How cute is that?! Great pictures too. Kids are so funny how they can sleep anywhere, literally!

Muthering Heights said...

Poor little thing...she must have been exhausted!