Friday, October 9, 2009

Flashback Friday - Haircuts & Pumpkins

I thought I would try something different today, I have a lot of draft post started, but nothing really, well, fit for me to hit the publish button. So, I am going to participate in Flashback Friday with Texan Mama today:

1581884212_57276dd550_o

And, for your viewing pleasure, I am going to go back to almost a year ago...a post from 10/07/08 - Banshee Gets Her 1st & Goes Pumpkin Picking. (Our Lil' Mayhem Maker was also know effectionately as our lil' Banshee for her non-stop screaming as an infant)

Enjoy!!
_______________________________________________________________

10/07/08 - Banshee Gets Her 1st & Goes Pumpkin Picking.

I took Madaline to get a trim - her hair really was getting rather out of control. She has some wispy bangs now, so, I not longer have to battle with her very morning to put it up.



And, later that afternoon, my mom & I took her up the side of the lake, to pick pumpkins. This guy every year plants a huge field, with pumpkins and you just drive in, walk the field & pick your pumpkin. The price is great. The one was so big that we had to roll it out of the patch. She really wasn't all the interested in the pumpkins - I really thought she would be.


6 comments:

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

Heh, maybe this year will be a better photo op! I LOVE pumpkin patch pictures.

Momisodes said...

Aw, she looks like she handled her trim like a champ! My daughter shed some tears the first time we did it.

2 Toddlers and Me said...

Very cute idea. I love looking at old photos. It's amazing what you forget. Too funny that you had to roll the pumpkin out the patch! I was thinking of taking my kids to the pumpkin patch this year, but am not sure if they'll get it or not. We might wait one more year and just get pumpkins from a stand somewhere. I bet you can't wait to carve pumpkins this year, I bet she'll love it!

McVal said...

Too cute! I love pics of my kids with pumpkins! We decided not to go today, so maybe tomorrow or next Saturday will work out.

Nell said...

So sweet!

Nell

Eliza Welch said...

I'm loving your blog!

I just started one and I've love to have you stop by.
Eliza’s blog