Friday, September 4, 2009

Saying Good Bye To Summer



Today, we bought long pants, long sleeved shirts, new jeans at Target - and a sweatshirt is now required for outside playtime after dinner.

The night temperatures have been hovering in the 40's here for weeks. Each morning the grass is gleaming heavily with morning dew.

My sweet, sweet friend shared a peck of apples with me the other day from the local orchard that is only open in late summer early fall when the apples come into season.

After nap time today, the same sweet sweet friend and I are taking her boys and my Mayhem Maker to the local playground, one last time before school starts next week.

Driving over the side hill today to take Madaline to her 2 year well child visit, I noticed that the leaves have started to turn their pretty autumn hues.

I have been digging into my recipe collection and am looking forward to coming home to a house filled with savory scents wafting out of our crock pot.


Good Bye Summer.........and WELCOME FALL!

5 comments:

McVal said...

What a sweet pic of Madeline on the dock! I love fall! Can't wait to hit the apple orchard ourselves!

OHmommy said...

Awwwwww. doarble

Photos. But fall photos are super awesome too, no?

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

I can't wait for apple picking! And for 40 degree nights! We aren't quite there yet, but close.

Connie Weiss said...

I love fall and I can't wait to start cooking and baking! YAY!!

Joy said...

Such a wonderful photo at the end!

I'm also happy to see the arrival of fall. :o)