Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Nite Mama...

Time is a BIG part of my day. One of my favorite times of the day by far is bedtime - For many reasons. The hustle and bustle of the day is finally coming to an end. I am minutes away from the ability to savor a few moments of peace and quiet. A DVR full of shows that fully lack any sort of animated character is awaiting me. But, perhaps, my favorite reason, are those tender moments of sweetness, the ones that cause me to stop in my tracks and bring tiny tears to the corners of my eyes.

Just a few nights ago, as just as many nights since then, Madaline has taken to blowing kisses to me as I walk down the upstairs hall. I usually turn and blow a few back. Madaline always giggles - a giggle that would even put a smile on the face of Ebenezer Scrooge. And, recently, as I am standing half way down the stairs, my vertically challenged self just barely able to peek over the landing, I hear the sweetest words that a mom could ever hear

"Nite Mama...."

*gasp* "Nite Madaline Elizabeth...Mommy & Daddy love you"

"Nite Mama....wuv ewe"

"And, I wuv ewe too Madaline Elizabeth....I wuv ewe too".....

2 comments:

McVal said...

Oh that's so sweet! I usually read a chapter out of a book to my 9 year old, pray and then kiss each other good night. But we always say I love you as I head down the hall too. Calling it until she can't see me anymore. I hope she never grows up and stops that.

Jennifer said...

Awww... that would melt any one's heart for sure. Bedtime traditions are so important.