Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hidden Belly Button

*Please picture Madaline is running around the house, in nothing but a diaper*

Me: Maddy...where's your belly button?

Maddy: right heeeeerrrrreeee... *as she point to her tummy*

Maddy: Daddy's beeeelllllyyyy button? *as she has gone over and lifted up his shirt and stuck her finger in his belly button*

Maddy: Mommy...where's your belly button?.

Me: On my tummy...

Maddy:In your tummy? *as she has not lifted up my shirt*

Maddy: Mommy?

Me: yes Maddy..

Maddy: Your belly button hiding?

Me: *I turn about 17 different shades of pink and red* Nooo.......It's right here... *as I life my shirt, shift my body a little differently in the chair and listen to my husband snicker*

*give husband the evil eye that immediately stops the snickering*


Maddy
: Daddy....Mommy's belly button hidin'

*Madaline now starts to giggle*

Maddy: Mommy yooouuuurrr beeellllyyy buuutttonn hidin'!

Me: Maddy, I think it's time for bed

****
Perhaps I should take the hit and cut back on the carbs???????

2 comments:

McVal said...

LOL! I've gotten rude wake up calls like that from my kids too. Gotta start walking!

Amanda said...

Adorable! It just keeps on coming.