Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Wordless Wednesday - Bitter Sweetness


The picture quality sucks - but, I.Don't.Care!

Because I will always think of this moment, each time I hear the words "The wheels on the bus....." or "Ten Little Monkeys jumping on the bed....."

I must have sat for at least 10 minutes, last night, just watching and listening and listening and watching. The hubby took a job cooking in a local restaurant, and is gone most evenings. So, last night was an EXTRA special treat - and a bittersweet treat at that. Madaline got her nightly bedtime story on Daddy's lap, while I got to sit back, with an empty lap and savor the moment.

WANT MORE? other than mine? Check out - 5 minutes for Mom , Wordless Wednesday , & 7 Clown Circus

12 comments:

Amy A.K.A. "The Mrs." said...

that is adorable. I love watching my husband with our son and I can't wait to see what he's like with our little girl when she comes this fall. :)

SmallWorld at Home said...

That is so sweet. Reading creates such bonding in families!

McVal said...

So sweet! I enjoyed watching my hubby read to the kids when they were younger too. He made different voices for each character, especially the Old Man and the Tiger and then the Arthur the Dog book. So when Meri took the Arthur the Dog book as her favorite to school, she read parts of it in his voices... Just cracks me up when I remember how the teacher told me about it...

Sweet Annabelle said...

Good job getting a pic of that wonderful moment! Bedtime stories make precious memories!

Trudy said...

Oh...so sweet, love story time!

Connie Weiss said...

That is so sweet and adorable! Love it!

Lindy said...

Yes, savor the moment indeed! Grandson spent the night last night and I got to read 2 books at bedtime. Loved it! God bless!

Dolli-Mama said...

So cute! Bedtime reading is so precious!

Deb said...

So sweet!

We have a hard time getting our kids to sit still for a story (I usually end up reading out loud to myself/the walls while they jump on the couch), but any snuggle time you can get is just the best.

Muthering Heights and Other Senseless Sensibility said...

What a sweet moment!

Cookie Crums said...

Love it! Don't you just love these kind of moments. Where you can actually relax and watch your two loves be togehter.

LZ @ My Messy Paradise said...

I love this!
I love catching my husband doing all these things, too..they are so much sweeter and softer than they let on!