Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Maddy & Ollie Chronicles

Side Note: for those that are NEW to my blog...My sister, Molly, (or Ollie, as Madaline calls her) has been watching Madaline some afternoons for us, between the time my husband leaves for work and the time I get home at 5:30. Some days are better than others - in that I never get a text message from her. And, then other days, they start promptly at 4:15 and don't stop until I walk in the door at 5:30pm. . And, I think it is important to note, that my sister is ONLY 19 and has no experience with babies what so ever, as she was/is the baby of our family. Then again, it's just her and me, so that would naturally make her the baby - but, I digress. So, yesterday afternoon, was one of those days....


Molly: I like the ruby max puzzles. I can have a headless ruby

Me: Totally agree with u.

Molly: Thought so.

Me: And u don't have to listen to Rubys voice

Molly: Yeah. Your kid is in a mood today. I just rescued your pearls.

Me: THANK YOU!

Molly: Your welcome. She's been getting into everything today.

Me: Welcome to my world.

Molly: We're havin a melt down..

Molly: We're getting frustrated with the {toy} stroller and now we're having a general melt down

Me: I don't know what to tell you. Just remain calm and help will get there soon. Maybe

Molly: Your kid just said she's going to burn her bear

Me: ????? I don't think so. U must b hearing a word wrong.

Molly: Okay.... she's just... she's a freakin hurricane today

Me
: Thats normal. Do u know what level shes at? Is she a category 2 or 6? Or somewhere in between?

Molly
: Eh... she's calmed to a tropical storm

Me
: See if u can have her be a gentle spring rain by the time i get home

Molly
: Dad's workin on it
(Molly had to leave to go play Adult League soccer so my Dad came over to watch her until I got home about 25 minutes later)

4 comments:

McVal said...

lol! Reminds me of the Incredibles movie. When the mom listens to her voice mail and the babysitter has been leaving tons of messages. Paraphrased... "umm, the baby just started floating... When will you be home?"
"Yeah - the baby is on fire!! Please come home!"

Aimee said...

Too funny!

Connie Weiss said...

LOVE THAT! What category is she!

Bobbi is giving my kids a bath right now....I hear crying. I can't tell if it's the kids or Bobbi.

Dolli-Mama said...

This post makes me miss my sister, who is 19, used to watch my Mr. Mischief, and is addicted to texting. Oh, Ollie... You're so funny!