Monday, August 31, 2009

Friend Makin' Monday - 20 Questions


It looks like Amber has taken over Friend Makin Monday (Thank you Connie! I wouldn't have known this if it wasn't for your post last week....). This week's topic is 20 questions themed in a get to know you sense.

If you are interested in participating, just copy the the 20 Questions, replace my answers with your own, and then link back to Amber's original post, over at her blog.

1. Do you cook every night? Just about - I would say at least 5 out of 7 nights. And at least one of the other two we eat at my Mom & Dad's.

2. What kind of laundry detergent do you use & why? All Free & clear

3. Do you do laundry every day or loads at a time? I try to do at least two loads a day. I am way far behind on laundry...and so have been slowly trying to catch up. It's a never ending battle with no end in sight.

4. How often do you eat out per week? Once a week - maybe - on a night The Hubby is working, I take Madaline out to dinner on my own and then we go to Walmart.

5. Where do you usually eat out? Mr. Chicken (a local place) or the Diner where my husband works.

6. What is your favorite retail store? Wegmans or Target

7. What's your favorite thing to drink? Coffee

8. Do you take vitamins? What kind? No

9. What percentage of the household chores to you do? My husband and I have a pretty good 50/50 split - We both work outside the home.

10. Do your children do chores? {Or will they, did they, etc} Yes/No - Madaline will put her dirty cloths in her laundry basket and she does help pick up her toys and will carry plates, silverwear and napkins to the table for dinner.

11. Do you go to church? NO

12. Do you have a housework schedule? No - Perhaps I would have a cleaner house if I had one?

13. Do you keep a working budget? Yes - but, you wouldn't know it

14. What do you do at night as a family? Dinner, then play time outside (either at our house or my moms, since my mom lives right across the street - How lucky am I?!!!!???!!!), then bath time, jammie time, Max & Ruby time, snack time, story time and bed time. LOL

15. How do you prepare yourself for a new week? I try to get the house all picked up for the week on Saturday and Sunday. It makes the weeks so much easier when all I have to do is pick up the day's clutter and not actually clean.

16. What do your mornings look like? I am up by 5 or 5:30, and get ready for work and am out the door by 7:15 or so. Madaline get's up later with her Dad since he now works afternoons/evenings.

17. What time do you get up in the mornings? anywhere between 5 or 5:30

18. What time do you go to bed at night? Anywhere's between 10pm & midnight

19. How do you manage all of the paperwork that floods into your household? {bills, school work, magazines, ads, etc} I don't. It is EVERYWHERE....I have about 4 months to make good on my new years resolution to deal with the paper clutter. Any suggestions?

20. How do you keep your household organized? {calendars, charts, etc} It's just the three of us - so I have a dry erase board on the fridge. We update The Husband's schedule each Sunday, but, other that that....we don't keep a calendar or anything.

Happy Monday Everyone!!! Now get going on that list!

10 comments:

Connie Weiss said...

Great answers!!

As for the paper....When I check the mail each day, I decide what to do with it. If it's a bill, I email Calvin the amount so he can pay it then I stick the statement in a file (this file gets filed into the big monthly box each month). If it's something that needs handled I put it in my TO DO file on my desk.

Allyson said...

Great answers!

Stopping over from FMM. Happy Monday!

shortmama said...

The paper piles up just like the laundry! It really is a never ending battle

The Royal Family said...

nice! And adorable daughter

Divine Mrs D said...

I would give you advice on the managing the household flood of mail, but I'm really REALLY bad at it. Hopefully someone else has some good advice!!

Happy FMM!!

Amanda said...

We love Max and Ruby at our house too! Your daughter is just a doll. Have a great evening!

Michelle said...

Great list! I am terrible about the papers if I don't deal with them when I walk in the door.

Tesa said...

You go to bed at midnight and are up at 5 or 5:30?! I am so jealous. I have always wanted to be one of those people who doesn't need much sleep, unfortunately I'm not.

Love you writing and look forward to reading more.

Miss J's Mom said...

I hear ya on never being able to catch up on laundry! :)

honeysuckle said...

Your little Madeline sounds darling. (I read your next post). As to the paperwork I find it easier to handle it as it comes in that way you can toss it in the trash and sort bills and such that you need to keep in its place so there isn't one big pile of who knows whats in it. Just a suggestion. I loved Wegman's when we lived in Syracuse. Have a great week.