Thursday, August 20, 2009

"Bye, Bye Toe-ey"

Today, was a sad, sad, day.

I had to put my Chloe kitty to sleep.

I returned home from our vacation at the lake, to discover that she had gone blind in the four short days we had been gone. After much agony, suffering, and costly testing, we learned that she was suffering from a neurological disorder, of which there was no treatment options.


My husband, gave me Chloe and her sister Bach (who disappeared last month - we think she wandered too far upback and feel victim to the coyotes), for Christmas of 2001. We had only been dating for about 3 months.

I have always had a passion for classical music. Chloe was short for Tchaikovsky.

When Madaline was infant, Chloe was not tolerant of Madaline at all. Chloe saw her as competition for my time. Those first few months, to get back at me - Chloe took to wandering the upstairs hallway at obscene hours bellowing and yowling to see who she could wake up first - Me or Madaline.

In recent months, she traded her bellowing for swatting me in the nose, if I didn't get up when my alarm went off at 5am

And, this year, as the weather turned from spring to summer, Chloe had had slowly began to tolerate Madaline more and more. It was not uncommon to find them both side by side in the backyard study a flower or a bug.


When I brought Madaline home from Grammie & Grampie's tonight, the first thing she asked me was "Where's Toe-ey (Chloe)?"

The Husband and I told Madaline that Chloe has been chosen for the very distinguished honor of being an "Angel Kitty" in heaven and had gone bye-bye.

"Bye, Bye Toe-ey, Bye, Bye Toe-ey" sang Madaline as she wandered up on the deck

Bye Bye Chloe......May you be at peace as an Angel Kitty...

4 comments:

Lindy said...

So sorry about Chloe. She was a lucky cat to have your family to live with and it looks like she brought a lot of joy to your lives. She will be a beautiful Angel Kitty.

McVal said...

I'm so sorry! What a special cat.

Connie Weiss said...

She's beautiful!

Trudy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how difficult it is for you...I cry just thinking about not having my cat around! I'm glad you had many special years (and nose swats) with her!