Monday, June 15, 2009

Stolen Idea: Friend Makin Monday!

This is a little different for me. But, hey, something different is not a bad thing. I was reading The Young and the Relentless while chomping down on my lunch, and I thought, hey - why not. And Connie, in turn got the idea from Kasey, over at All That is Good. **hint, hint - if you get a chance, please take a moment to read both blogs. Thanks**

And, in my mind, since the blog idea low light is on today, without further ado, I present you:


Today's task is CONFESSIONS! *shudder*

So, hmmmmm.....my list is probably going to be rather, Ummmm, boring?

1 - Madaline is showing all the signs of WANTING to potty train. I, however, am not ready - and keep putting it off.

2 - I tell people the reason Madaline still sleeps in a crib, is because she's too little for a toddler bed.

3 - The husband and I think its cute when Madaline says naughty words - and sometimes encourage her to say them again, just so we can laugh.

4 - I don't always wash the piece of fruit or a veggie before I give it to Madaline to eat. Yes folk, my child eats unwashed produce.

5 - I LOVE my daughter, but after almost 2 years, I still have NOT adjusted to being a Mama.

6 - I am a wait and see kind of parent when it comes to fevers, bumps, scrapes and bruises - it doesn't help that we have a $25.00 co-pay for all visits other than well child visits.

7 - I bride my child with episodes of Max & Ruby, bath tub time, letting her be naked in nothing but a diaper and powdered donut holes.

8 - Madaline has tasted both Mountain Dew and coffee.

9 - When I open a package of fruit snacks for Madaline, I eat all the red ones before I give the to her.

**whew!!**
9 is good....right? Because, I had a hard time just getting to nine.

14 comments:

Lins said...

As the child of a "wait and see" sort of parent, I'm not appalled by that one. I don't know if we ever went to the ER/doctor when we were little...it would've had to have been pretty bad. We turned out just fine! :)

Great list! Welcome to FMM!

Connie Weiss said...

You are supposed to wash fruit before you eat it?

That is a great idea about the fruit snacks!

And thanks for the shout out!

Trudy said...

I love #9...cute list.

Happy FMM!

Dolli-Mama said...

I have taken my son to the doctor for sick visits, when I felt I could not wait any longer, because he was clearly ill and not getting better anytime soon, and every time they do NOTHING to help him. So I waste $25 on a Co-Pay and a whole afternoon in the waiting room exposing him to more, possibly worse, germs! I have since converted to a "wait and see" way of thinking. I mean, they won't help him anyway, why go?

Aimee said...

I'm a wait and see parent too! No need taking them to the Dr. if they will be ok in a couple of days...they'll just pick up more germs while they're there!

Tina said...

Great list:

Happy FMM...

Madaline is so cute...we have a Madeline also and we call ours Maddie for short!

carma said...

Mountain Dew - for shame! (kidding ;-)

Stopping by from SITS to say "hi" and welcome. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers!
carma :-)

Rhonda said...

Great confessions!

Hey I like the red fruit chews too! ;o)...or green m&m's.

Too many people rush their child to the Dr. for this or that. I tend to wait and see a lot more after having my second child!

Erica said...

great list. my husband calls eating some of the girls fruit snacks before they get em "taxes". I can't say I have used naked time as an incentive but Makayla would probably really enjoy it, I have had to chase her down many a time after bath time to get her dressed. :)

jenjen said...

Hi there! Happy FMM! I liked your list! Some of the fruit snacks are tasty. Sometimes when I need something sweet I will grab one of those and scarf it down!

I kept my kids in their cribs for as long as humanly possible before putting them in big beds!

XOOX
Jen

Isabel Princes said...

I wish I was a wait and see parent...I'm a hypochondriac so that doesn't mix well with the kids.
My kids drink pop, let a f bomb drop now and then, and I bribe them all the time....oh well
Great post!

J.J. said...

I so appreciate your confessions!!!!!

Happy FMM! Nice to meet you!

slimceagirl said...

ha ha. very funny blog! I love this list

Rachel said...

Hee hee... Mine would be:

I let the kids eat food that they drop on the floor.