Friday, June 12, 2009

2 Going on 12?

The husband has returned to work. He had to be to work at 6am this morning. This meant, that Madaline and I, were on our own. This meant, that I had to get myself ready for work, Madaline ready to go to the sitter, and both of us out the door by 7:15, in order for me to be sitting in my office by 8am.

And, so as I am gathering up the last of what we need for the day and get ready to head out the door - I see this. Please excuse the massive head of hair - I am a firm believer in picking your battles as a parent, and this morning, her hair was not one of them.





And, then I start to wonder. OH. MY. GOONNESS! Who is the 'KID' and WHERE IS MY BABY?

And, then, HOLY BANANA! As I am standing in the living room, now taking pictures to document this cuteness, as opposed to ushering ourselves out the door, she then turns to me with this look, hands in her pockets and all:



I think to myself, again - OH. MY. GOONNESS!. I know that look. It was the same one I used to give my own mother - when I was a TEENAGER! NOT A TWO YEAR OLD!

3 comments:

Connie Weiss said...

I swear to god it happens overnight and one day....they just look and act older and you sit there thinking *what the heck just happened*!

McVal said...

My son was in a school play and they had his hair all slicked back and powdered to look older. Suddenly in middle of his performance, I got a sudden glimpse of the adult in my boy. I know exactly how you felt. How did THAT happen?

Dolli-Mama said...

Wow! She DOES look grown up! Amazing, and scary!