Thursday, April 23, 2009

5/26/2008 Table Food? Already?

Madaline is quickly reaching a point where she is no longer interested in being fed baby food. She *thinks* that she is a "BIG" girls and needs to do it herself. The thought of letting her use a spoon and dig right into baby food purees and the mess that would make is just to much for me.

So, last night, we had dinner at my aunts house (my cousin, his wife and little girl are in town) and I sat Madaline at the table, and just fed her right off my plate. Sorta....I gave her some actual peas, some oranges, some roll, some cooked pasta and she had some animal crackers and puffs and drank her juice out of her sippy. She ate like a champ...she even had a bit of cake and frosting. And, I tell ya, last night had to have been one of the most relaxing no stress meal times I have had with this kid in weeks!!

I am fine with this - I knew this day would come - but, honestly, I am not prepared for it and I certainly don't know how I am going to make it work logistically - KWIM? Weekends yes - not a problem, but during the week - I don't know how I am going to do it. There is just not enough between the time I get home from work, her ready/wanting to eat, for me to cook her a meal. There is only about a 20 minutes space of time in there. And, I am worried that if she started eating "table" food, that she is not going to get all that she needs to grow. Because most days my 10 pound cat eats more than she does .

I was thinking of getting some frozen veggies that I can micro quick as well as some fruits cups - but beyond that, I am at a loss as to what to feed her if she is going to get table food. Currently, she would be content to get by just eating yogurt, mini pancakes, toast, puffs and baby oranges.

No comments: