Thursday, April 23, 2009

5/22/2008 7 Days of Abx = 7 Days of Raging Rash

Last Thursday we saw the allergist - he said that Madaline had a raging sinus infection, which he wanted to treat and that we should have blood drawn to test for cat,dog (which should come back negative), mold and dust mite. Fine....we did that.

She's been taking 3/4 tsp, twice a day for 7 days, and well - this morning, it seemed as if the rash, was starting to develop a mind of it's own. I have tried treating it with Desatin, Butt Paste - everything I can think of. And, it seems to be spreading down her legs and beyond the area the diaper covers - and I won't even go there about her BM's....

I called the Allergist - thinking that I would have to beg a nurse to get some relief for her - well, I was shocked when the allergist himself picked up. He apologized that the first abx was making her miserable and that it is unacceptable for her to have this rash, and he wants to switch her to Biaxin for the next 14 days instead.

I can't wait to see what this one does......I just hope that this one does not dry to the same consistancy as rubber cement like the Omnicef has on various things throughout my kitchen and dining room- since every time I tried giving her the Omnicef, she would projecticle spits it back at me...

No comments: