Thursday, April 23, 2009

4/14/2008 It's Tradition....

Us girls (myself and my sister) both got our first pair of Stride-Rite learn to walk baby shoes at a small local owned shoe store called "Pansoian's". You go in, they measure your foot for size and width, and then actually *fit* you for shoes. Not knowing if this was still a service they offered, and considering the only location they still have is 45 minutes from my house - I called - and was pleased to hear it was something they still did.

So, packed Madaline in the car and off we went. The timing could not have been planned more perfectly - she fell asleep in the car and had just woken up when we got there - went in, she sat on my lap like an angel while they measure her food and the lady fitted her for shoes. MY little girl wears a 3W (her foot is a 2 1/2 - but they give you the 1/2 size up so they have room to grow). So, like myself, and my sister, my daughter has carried on the tradition of getting her first pair of shoes at Pansoian's.

While they took 24 hours for her to get used to - she is pulling herself up and standing like it's her job!!! She is even letting go of the couch and standing....only to think about it (taking a step), and then plop down on her fully diapered hinie....I really guess it is time to get some baby gates to get and keep her corraled - before she finds the stairway....

No comments: