Thursday, April 23, 2009

2/22/2008 The Miserable Screaming Madaline....

I *thought* we were doing well.....we now I am not so sure.

Madaline screams all the time. It is this nerve racking, ear shattering, patience trying, screaming like a banshee, make you want to stick hot pokers in the fleshy parts of your toes scream. All the time – and I mean all the time. For no apparent reason, and then she gets all red in the face, pukes, screams some more, pukes, screams some more..well, I am sure you get the pattern.

I *think* that we have a good handle on her reflux. Other than the puking induced by screaming, we really don’t have much puking. Solids are going well – she does not like really sweet foods, and does not seem to be tolerating grain (rice, oatmeal or barley cereal) at all. So, we don’t feed them. She is constipated all the time, regardless of how much juice I give her in a bottle and the amount of gas that comes out of her hinie could most likely run a small third world country.

We have been teething for months – and I do everything in my power to alleviate her teething pain. Naps are still very touch and go, but she sleeps like a champ at night, so I am not concerned there. She is making attempt to crawl, up on all fours and rocking back and forth, so it’s only a matter of time. She seems to get VERY frustrated, VERY easily, if she can’t make something do what she thinks it should do, or is she can’t navigate her way to something she want to play with. Her hair is a nightmare. I did not think it was possible for a 7 month old to have as much hair as she does – I can actually put her hair in pigtails. She is yanking on it all the time – especially around her ears. Like it irritates her – it this possible? Is this something sensory?

We have an appointment with our GI on Monday – and I am at a loss as to what to ask him. I really don’t want to come to the resolve that Madaline is just a cranky, frustrated, miserable baby all the time.

No comments: