Friday, April 24, 2009

11/25/2008 No fear....

And, I am not talking about the line of skater clothing & accessories that came out when I was a teenager either.

OMG! Madaline is nutso! She has taken to trying to jump or should I say, launching herself off the couch and the foot stool at my parents house. She will step with with no regard for her safety off stairs, if you don't get to her first or if we forget to latch the baby gate. She is climbing on anything that doesn't move and has taken to what ever means possible to climb into the dining rooms chairs, and then on top of the table.

She requests (no, not with words, but with grunts) that we remove her shoes so that she can prance through the house like a fairy on her toes. She can't seem to stand anything that is too tight or binding - and pulls and tugs until the offending article of clothing is removed. If not, then holy moly, does a full on fit ensue. She fights like a cage fighter when it come to getting dressed in the morning. Madaline actually had me seeing stars on Monday as she managed to connect with my jaw as I was wrestling a pair of tights on her. Jeepers.

Trying to encourage her to use her words is a lost cause in our house at the moment. And, Lord help me if I can't figure out what it is that she wants or what she is trying to tell me fast enough. IF I can't, then she goes into a full blown melt down mode. This has got to be the most frustrating part of it all - I know she is trying to tell me something, I can see it in her eyes, but, she just can't or doesn't know how.

The lack of language I can deal with - well, not really, but, it is the least of my concerns at this point. I realize that toddlers need to learn their boundaries and that eventually they will figure out what fear it. But, this is just a total lack of regard for her own safety. It as if she is afraid of NOTHING, and that has me worried.

No comments: