Friday, April 24, 2009

11/04/2008 Madaline, did you say something to Mama?

Last night, after I brought a V E R Y grumpy, little girl some from my parents house, when I got home from work. We were getting settled in for the evening, turning lights on, I was looking through the mail - you know. I told Madaline that she could turn on the TV, if she wanted - since it was almost 6:30. Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't. I didn't really care one way or another.

SO, I am standing in the dining room, thumbing through a catalog that I got in the mail and I think I hear ...

"damn it"


I looked up and looked around - Madaline has tripped over her own feet on the way into the living room. Now, dh was in the bathroom, didn't hear this so I had a really long day at work, and thought i was hearing things and thought, no way. So I said...

"Madaline, did you say something to Mama?"

Now, I say, this knowing full well that she's not going to repeat herself because she goes silent if you even slightly acknowledge she has spoken. However, as plain as the nose on her face, she turns to me and says...

"damn it"

as she is now trying to turn on the TV - and hitting the wrong button.
It took all I had not to just stand there and laugh at her.

No comments: