Friday, April 24, 2009

10/21/2008 I feel like I have an infant again...

Every since Madaline spiked such a high fever (I had her a evening hours, exactly 3 weeks ago tomorrow), her sleeping habits are for the birds.

We were very successful with CIO when we started back in January. A few minor set backs here and there - rough teething, a sinus infection and of course, the September sickness (which I still am not 100% convinced that it was hand/foot/mouth). Since that time, I would say, at most, she has slept through the night twice. She is fairly consistent with it - every night, like clock work, at about 2:25 - 2:30 she is up and screaming. I tried to let her cry it out, but, after an hour of it, I just couldn't take it anymore. So, one of us gets up, give her about 2 - 3 ounces of formula, we snuggle on the couch for a few minutes, she gets down, walks to the stairs, and sits down (this is her way to telling us she wants to go to bed/nap). Take her up, put her down, and, usually there is some babbeling, but for the most part, she is back to sleep in 10 - 15 minutes.

We have a full blown snot nose, and her cheeks are all red an raw (which I *think* is wind burn - since I have all I can do, to keep her inside), her crotch is a bit red, but not what I would call diaper rash. But, her temperament is wonderful - she is really blossoming and her little personality is so developing every day in leaps and bounds - to the point, that I am finally enjoying being a mom. I don't know how much more of this I can take - I am just exhausted, dh & I have been trading off middle of the nights shifts, because we both have to ge up early to leave for work (both of us are up between 5 & 5:30), and we are both lucky if we are home from work for the day by 6pm.

My sitter thinks that she might be hungry - I know this is odd for a GERDling, but, it seems as if Madaline needs to eat something every two hours - is it possible for a growth spurt (she is for certain getting taller & I had her on the scale the other day - she's just shy of 20 pounds), to make her NEED to eat in the middle of the night? Or, I wonder if dh & I been fueling a nasty behaviorial issue?

No comments: