Thursday, April 23, 2009

02/12/2008 Are you Kidding Me? What's left to go haywire this week?

I know I have done a lot of "witching" this week (and it's only Tuesday ) - but jeepers....this was really the LAST thing I expected...

I just got a phone call (at work) from Dr. L's office - Madaline's GI. Apparently, my insurance company is questioning/refusing to fill/cover any more of Madaline's prevacid prescriptions, unless Dr. Lt can provide medical justification as to why she needs to take the med. Apparently they want to know WHY she HAS to have the Prevacid as opposed to Zantac or something else that is available over the counter. What I gathered, is that it is boiling down to cost - my insurance company claims that there is a less expensive means in which to treat her GERD. Less expensive and LESS EFFECTIVE!!! T (the lady who called me), just wanted to make me aware of the situation, and was making sure we had enough Prevacid to get us to our next appt, which is at the end of the month. I am trying to find the phone number to call the insurance company - as I spoke with our HR person here at work, and he is just as flabergasted as I am about all of this. The doctors office tried to make me feel better, by assuring me that this is something that happens regularly, and that Dr. L is filling out the necessary paperwork - as he still feels that Prevacid is the best option for Madaline right now. Thank goodness for that....

**making mental note to double check magic tupperware drawer upon arriving home - becuase the plate is getting to full again**

No comments: