Thursday, April 23, 2009

02/07/2008 HOLY CANOLI!! It worked....

I let her cry it out and it worked. It was highly painful, ear shattering and incredbly nerve racking, but it worked. I held my ground and I must say I am rather proud of myself for it!

Last night we went to my sisters last home basketball game (Senior Night), and Madaline missed her bed time by about 2 hours. She fell asleep on the way home, and work up all fresh and restored from her 25 minute power nap. Mind you, it is now almost 10pm (My bedtime). We turn the lights down in the house, and we get her a nice warm bottle, which she devoured, but, did fall asleep with me rocking her in the rocking chair. I don't think she has bee in her crib 30 seconds before she was rolling around, laughing and having a good time when I took her upstairs. I left her there - for the next 1.5 hours. She was happy until the last half our of it.

Dh thinks I am a horrible parent because I wouldn't go in a pick her and and bring her to bed with us, and because I wouldn't go in a give her a nuk. I could not make him understand that it would only make her angry becuase she would expect me to pick her up and I wasn't going to do that. Finally, I told him to stuff his head under his pillow or I was goint to smack him with the crow bar in keep on my side of the bed. She really only cranked it up big time for about 5 mintues, and then all of a sudden it was like someone flipped a switch. Quiet....dead quiet. Of course, I panicked, thinking she might have gotten stuck under a crib bumper and sufficiated, so I get up, go in there, and she is sprawled out snoring. So, almost 5 hours after her bedtime and 2 past mine, all was quiet and well in the Bryerton house.

We getting there....slowly....but surely...we are getting there.

No comments: