Thursday, April 23, 2009

01/25/2008 Maddy & the sippy

We introduced a sippy cup for the first time last night....and boy were we surprised.....

I put some juice/H2O in it, and when it was time for her dinner (Green beans, peas & carrots), I set it on the high chair tray in front of her. She reached out with her two little hands, grasped the handle, and the proceeded to put the cup to her mouth, and took a drink. I about feel out of my chair!! I figured we would have some kind of learning curved to deal with and would have to "teach" her how to use the cup. NOPE....we left it there her entire meal, and she would drink from it periodically. She does have a bit of a problem keeping it tipped up right - but at least she knows what to do with the cup.

We do have to work on the flinging and banging of the cup - but at this point, I assume taht will subside with time.

No comments: